What gives UVC light it’s sanitisation properties

 

When the wavelength of UV light is created between 200 & 300nm it has the properties to disinfect. The living cells of microorganisms have DNA, and these absorb the UVC thus causing a reaction which in turn destroys the living cells and once their structure has been altered in this way, they become inactive.

UVC between this wavelength when used at high levels, will render Viruses, bacteria, yeasts and fungi in a matter of seconds. LED UVC is also less impactive on the environment due to the need for chemical usage when cleaning. Furthermore, our LED UVC will not produce Ozone commonly found being emitted from most Mercury type products which also use damaging heavy metals and rear gasses to achieve their aim. Unlike other methods used to disinfect these microorganisms, they cannot build up a resistance to UV radiation, once exposed to the high levels they are destroyed.